Are you the best software architect in your company? Can you identify patterns in complex systems and see ways to make them 10x simpler? Do you enjoy designing software that maximizes the use of existing code? Do you wish you could expand your technical career without requiring more time on HR or project management? If so, you’ll love our approach of driving the direction of products starting with the core technology.
In this role, you will join a passionate and experienced team responsible for all of the important technical decisions on every product in our extensive portfolio of enterprise software solutions. You’ll spend your time making strategic technical design decisions, such as:
- What are the core data structures used by the app? Why were they chosen? How are they mapped or applied to the domain of the problem? What were the tradeoffs or alternatives?
- What is the rationale behind critical technical dependencies or limitations this product has? Are there new and creative ways to overcome them?
- Can the product be broken down logically into smaller, more manageable components?
What you will NOT be doing
- You will not be making any decisions based primarily on saving money. This is a strategic technical design position that provides clear leadership for our engineering organization to execute on.
- You will not participate in daily scrum meetings, making low-level decisions, performing code reviews, or debugging.
- You will not be talking to customers or developing a backlog of wishlist features.