Senior Presales Engineer$ 200k/Year ($ 100/Hour for 40 hours of productive work per week) Remote Position Long-term
As Senior Presales Engineer, you are expected to be a technology evangelist who can thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and hold your own with top information technology executives. In this role, you can demonstrate technical proficiency by providing solutions for customers with a high IT knowledge.
Our business philosophy focuses on constant improvement which entails getting open and direct feedback from top executives through weekly performance reviews and developing strategies to improve immediately.
The Senior Presales Engineer is a technical leader capable of adapting our products and solutions to complex customer environments to facilitate and shorten the sales cycle.
To differentiate our products effectively, the individual needs to demonstrate experience and competency for delivering a compelling customer-focused narrative in front of customers.
Our fast-paced business models mean this sales practitioner must be able to rapidly identify customers’ technical and business needs, by investigating the existing architecture and making new recommendations that extract more value from their technology investments.
The ideal candidate will have a background of working with Chief Software Architects, CTOs, CIOs Technical Management at different sizes of organizations and be able to build trust with them, by engaging in intelligent discussions about developing new technology solutions.
Since we operate in a very competitive high-tech marketplace, the Presales Engineer should be a fast learner, capable of picking up new technologies. They should not be a single category/domain leader but have learned software through roles in engineering presales and project management. Substantial software solutions experience is mandatory.
A hiring event is a scheduled online event where all our relevant testing relating to a role is conducted on the same day. Submissions received during the event are graded the following week, and successful candidates notified if they have progressed to the next round which is an online interview with a Hiring Manager.
The candidate has substantial work experience in channel and SMB software business is a critical customer-facing technical solution team member with many responsibilities:
• Need to elaborate on the engineering pitch for customers/reseller partners, as well as drive a positive customer/reseller partner experience in SMB and channel areas
• Help define new technical content, white papers, technical concept notes that facilitate marketing, Sales, Presales work or help conclude delivery of existing services
• Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their evolving needs vis-a-vis our solutions and products so that you can facilitate the creation of new opportunities
• Lead customer business value identification and discovery by understanding how our products and their unique differentiation can be used within the customer’s existing architecture and business environment to unlock business value and effect process change
• Lead solution vision development and communication by presenting a story that paints a future vision for a customer of what their business can become by utilizing our product(s)
• As part of pre-sales cycles or POC delivery, creates solution architecture, heuristics, and designs for new solution approaches that meet/exceed customer's requirements
• Play a critical role in product evolution by being the key stakeholder in the product management function by providing critical product inputs to our product management function
• Lead the technical demonstration(s) by creating and documenting specific solutions between a technology demonstration and a final vision
• Set the quality bar for demo’s curation, execution, and delivery
• Keep up-to-date with market competitors for products in our portfolio and be able to compare and contrast them as needed
• Prepare the technical responses to RFPs and other documents as required
Goals for the role include:
• Expansion of our solution footprint inside our SMB customers as measured by expanded user adoption, extended solution use cases, leading to customer retention
• Support the channel sales team in Solution sales by increasing and converting loyal customers towards our unlimited software library platform
• The technical demonstration, and deployment of our solutions for both loyal as well as new customers
• Maintain relationships with existing customers and ensure they have the confidence in your abilities as a technical SME while you position yourself as a ‘customer advocate’
As a Senior Presales Engineer in our organization, you will learn what it takes to handle aggressive growth where we measure success on a daily and weekly basis. As you are going to be challenged by your management team to excel in your job, then you will grow your professional acumen faster than other software companies in the market.
You will be part of a company with awarded, cost-effective and robust technology in the SMB market with a unique value proposition that will position yourself as a tech leader within your customers and within the industry, Ultimately though you will learn to move fast, take risks and learn from failures. You will never be bored.
Relevant Files and LinksEvery job creates excellent work. We want to show you the types of things you will learn, using real work examples of the processes, training examples, playbooks, projects you will build on the job.
Software Engineering Daily
Features daily interviews about technical software topics
Sales Engineering Blog - Flying Cars
Flying cars, and other Sales Engineering Tools.
5 Things I've Learned as a Sales Engineer
Sales Engineers: How To Sleep Through The Demo And Still Win The Deal
Influencer in the Industry
John Care Takes on RFP Responses
What is it like to be a Sales Engineer?, by Simon Walsh - Sales Engineer
What does a typical day look like for the Sr. Pre-sales Engineer?
The Senior Presales Engineer will have substantial experience in channel and SMB software sales and will be a critical member of the sales organization. Therefore the candidate will be able to elaborate on the engineering pitch and drive positive technical differentiation for our SMB products. The ideal candidate will work creating new technical content, white papers and other deliverables to support the sales process.
In the face to face interaction with clients, the Senior Presales Engineer will be presenting the unique value proposition of our products and solutions. The candidate will maintain close communication with existing customers, to build technical confidence that positions the Senior Presales Engineer as a ‘customer advocate’ and ‘trusted advisor.’
Can you give some examples of the deliverables from the Sr. Pre-sales Engineer?
The Senior Presales Engineer will elaborate on the engineering pitch for customers/reseller partners, as well as drive a positive customer/reseller partner experience in SMB and channel business using demos and POCs of our portfolio of products.
The candidate will be required to prepare the technical responses to RFPs and other documents as needed within the pre-sales cycle.
You will be measured by:
• New business acquisition in sales pipelines as successful POC/demo driven
• The success rate of sales opportunities generated after RFP submissions
• New sales opportunities secured as a result of your technical relationship with customers as trusted advisor suggesting new products/services to increase the footprint
• Conversion rates of customers to unlimited software license model (team with channels sales)
Who does the Sr. Pre-sales Engineer report to directly?
This position reports directly to the Head of sales engineering or VP of Sales.
What types of products will we sell?
You will be part of a company with a broad suite of SaaS technology with a unique value proposition that will position the Senior Presales Engineer as a tech leader within the customer base and in the marketplace.