The most important thing you will do in this role (and maybe your entire career!) is be a part of building the future of education for your area of domain expertise. You will design a program to teach traditional school subjects but in a non-traditional way. We have a few core principles that guide our approach to learning:
- Teaching is done through technology, not teachers. Why? Because learning apps take advantage of decades worth of learning science, including spaced repetition, forced recall, mastery-based progress, and adaptive algorithms which speed up and slow down to match the speed of each individual student. The science shows students can learn 2-5x faster and with better recall.
- Learning is social. Students can use all the best apps, videos, and online resources to learn, but to make the experience great, it also needs to have a social element. Students need exercises that engage them, apply the “book knowledge” learned, and draw them into the material.
- Learning is motivational and fun. One of our core principles is that “kids must love school.” When that is true, you have a strong foundation; when false, everything else is a struggle. Our educational programs need to be educational, but they need to be fun and use material, examples, and references that are interesting and relatable to students.
We believe technology can deliver an educational experience that engages and teaches kids 3-5x faster than the standard teacher-classroom model. By the end of our program, each student will be in the 95th to 99th percentile range in every school subject. If you are a passionate subject matter expert who believes that technology—not teachers—is the key to unlocking students’ full learning potential, then this job is for you.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with deep experience preparing students for the SAT, PSAT, and SSAT. If successful, you will be at the very center of the gt.school learning experience. Your expertise in test prep and enthusiasm for learning will enable you to create hands-on, real-world learning experiences. If you’re eager to give kids a learning experience that actually makes them love school, we urge you to apply.
What you will NOT be doing
- Teaching - our learning apps and resources do that; your job is to reinforce the lessons that the students have already learned
- Choosing which topics to include in each lesson - the learning apps already have all the topics mapped out