M&A HR Manager$ 100k/Year ($ 50/Hour for 40 hours of productive work per week) Remote Position Long-term
If you are an HR leader who enjoys challenging environments, working with executives and top talent from around the world, and can thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing organization, then this role is for you.APPLY NOW
Supporting group-wide General Managers and Functional Leads, the M&A HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of the human resources function, in conjunction with the Group’s Acquisition and Integration (A&I) activities.
Including but not limited to due diligence & risk mitigation strategies, budgeting, assessment and contract termination of acquired-company staff. Total rewards comparative analysis and harmonization into Group’s policies and practices, and compliance with local employment legal obligations.
Due Diligence, Integration & Restructuring Planning
Perform HR due diligence associated with Group acquisitions, including:
• Employment terms, conditions, risks & liabilities
• Executive compensation & employment Change in Control provisions
• Review of equity programs & requirements
• Benefits review & comparisons to group benefits
• Assessment of the HR landscape, including workers councils, unions, and other labor bodies
• People functional mapping & plan
In concert with General Managers & Functional Leaders, develop the People Plan associated with each acquisition, including the timeline, budget, and communications strategy for all personnel
Contribute to Day 1 planning
Integration & Restructuring Execution:
• Manage acquired company HR teams
• Execute the project framework developed in the Buy phase of the deal and outlined in the People Plan
• Onboard, integrate and energize personnel from newly acquired companies
• Terminate contracts of acquired talent in accordance with agreed timelines outlined in the People Plan, including all required communication, compensation and compliance with regulatory or labor bodies legal processes
• Prepare communication and consultation materials for acquired companies, where required
• Negotiate with international work councils and governing bodies to fulfill restructuring objectives, including negotiating severance and social plan arrangements with work council and governments
• Wisely navigate problems that arise in executive employment scenarios
Harmonize benefits of acquired teams to ESW standard benefits & HR playbooks
Identify risk factors and contingency plans for organizational restructuring, while communicating project status and critical risk factors to the leadership team. Escalate issues as necessary to adjust the project scope, resources, budgets, or timelines, while observing all global compliance and regulatory guidelines
Ensure all legacy HR records are properly stored in ESW central repositories
Ensure all HR data is successfully migrated to ESW systems, where required
Ensure legacy payroll is shutdown
Ensure legacy 401k and/or pension schemes are successfully shut down or migrated to ESW
Continuous Improvement: With our culture of setting SMART goals, you will receive candid feedback weekly, instead of waiting for quarterly or annual reviews This will allow you to take timely corrective actions for your overall learning and development.
You will be exposed to a variety of corporate cultures across the Globe, learn new best practices and tools, develop your HR expertise.
Who do I have to work with on the project?
HR Manager has to ensure timely and proper interaction with all the respective functional leads, General Manager of the acquiring business, Integration team and the legacy management.
How does success look like for my role?
Successful performance means a minimum or no financial risks and zero legal implications upon deal close and integration completion (HR related)
What are the standard working hours?
We expect 40 hours per week. Specific log in time slots may depend on the geography of your deals and necessity of face to face online meetings