Are you the best software architect in your company? Can you identify patterns in complex systems and see ways to make them 10x simpler? Do you hate that you're losing your technical edge because of increasing managerial responsibilities? If so, join us and you will create, rebuild, and rearchitect a virtually endless supply of software products.
In this role, you will join a passionate and experienced team responsible for all of the important technical decisions on every product in our extensive portfolio of enterprise software solutions. You’ll spend your time making strategic technical design decisions, such as:
- What are the core data structures used by the app? Why were they chosen? How are they mapped or applied to the domain of the problem? What were the tradeoffs or alternatives?
- What is the rationale behind critical technical dependencies or limitations this product has? Are there new and creative ways to overcome them?
- Can the product be broken down logically into smaller, more manageable components?
What you will be doing
Each week you will have a different design problem to work on and technical specs to create. You will work on a wide variety of products with distinct tech stacks and business domains, providing continuous learning opportunities.
- Analyzing data structures, code, and design documents
- Making important design decisions that specify how to re-architect products in a cloud-first way on platforms like AWS and GCP
- Developing successful long-term technical strategies for complex products or larger product lines
- Implementing small prototypes that help you learn and strengthen your decisions
What you will NOT be doing
- Making technical decisions based primarily on saving money. You will design the best solution for the problem in the simplest way possible with maximum leverage of existing assets.
- Participating in daily scrum meetings or providing day-to-day direction to an engineering team
- Performing code reviews, debugging, or investigating bugs and outages