- Tip 1: Believe the Pay
- Tip 2: Ditch the Bureaucratic BS
- Tip 3: Do Your Best on Tests
- Tip 4: Ignore the Haters
- Tip 5: Adopt a Global Mindset
- Tip 6: Dream Big
Ouça diretamente de brasileiros que foram contratados no Crossover, em português.
Need some hot tips from Brazilians who made it through the Crossover hiring process? These top performers knew what they wanted, and they worked hard to get it.
Each of them found a job with Crossover, and now they’re here to share those top tips with you.
"I can’t imagine being as happy at any other job than I am now."
"I’ve been working here for three years now and it’s the best job I’ve ever had.
Tip 1: Believe the Pay
- Even with all these multinationals that allow you to work remotely, none of them pay as well as Crossover. None of them pay even remotely as well as Crossover does.
- People from all over the world get paid the same. So, where you live doesn’t matter one bit – it’s great. And people should understand why they pay more, unlike the foreign companies with branches in Brazil. They’re paying more because that’s what they believe in doing.
- I realized I’d make what I used to make in a year at my old job in only 10 weeks.
- Today I make roughly twice as much as what I did before.
- I’m being well paid for doing good work.
- Once you start working at Crossover, you realize it’s true - it’s the job of your dreams.
Learn more about compensation.
Tip 2: Ditch the Bureaucratic BS
- At Crossover if I’m working, I’m getting paid. And I’m making twice, or three times as much as I would elsewhere.
- As long as you do your part, it’s fine. So, there’s far less company politics involved, and all that intrigue.
- Especially for fiscal reasons, it’s much better financially. You open a company in your name it’s the standard thing to do.
- I send out the invoice weekly. I transfer the money from the Payoneer portal and it’s super easy.
- At Crossover you manage your own vacation time. You can choose how many days you want to take off per year. And when you want to take them.
- You have the freedom to make your own choices. That’s what I like best about it. And it’s extremely fair: they pay you, and you get the work done your way.
Tip 3: Do Your Best on Tests
- The test isn’t hard, you have to be quick-thinking, you have to be smart enough to skip the questions you know you’ll take longer to answer, or the ones you know you don’t know how to answer.
- You have to try your best, and you’ll surely find one of the best work opportunities ever, especially in Brazil.
- When I passed all the tests, I received a form which read something like, “this is the moment to quit your other job.”
Find out more about the selection process.
Tip 4: Ignore the Haters
- I’ve been getting paid, for over three years, every week – they’re never late. So, if it is a fraud, then it’s a damned good one!
- Lots of HR people say this, that if there’s a vacant position, and it’s always vacant – there MUST be something wrong. But that’s not true, it’s just how things work.
Tip 5: Adopt a Global Mindset
- I think our team has had a great experience of multiculturalism at Crossover. Because for me, I feel that we learn from the professionalism of Filipinos for instance, the work ethic of Turkish people, the goal-orientated attitude of people from India and we share a little of our own Brazilian personality and make a great team, at Crossover, because of that.
- What I found were people who, despite having different cultures, were incredibly receptive and supportive when I needed it. Because when you start working, you inevitably feel a little lost.
- At Crossover, I’ve found I can express myself freely without being judged for being a woman. I’m not judged for my gender, I can simply get to work and do my best and I am valued for it.
- Crossover embraces all cultures, including mine, the Brazilian culture.
Tip 6: Dream Big
- I usually say that we hire someone for their abilities, rather than for what they know.
- If a person knows how to speak English, if she understands how you think, if she can work, if she’s dynamic, she can do multiple tasks, so it doesn’t really matter.
- What I like best about the Crossover culture, is that it’s goal-orientated. Our team has goals, objectives. Our team even has a leaderboard showing every team members performance so you know exactly what you have to do, what your objective is.
- Your future is in your own hands.
Ready to start your future with Crossover? See what roles are available now.
We hope these articles (and the team's tips and advice about their experiences with Crossover) have given you the confidence to take the leap and apply for your dream remote job. If we've helped, we'd love to know! Tweet us.